Great fun at the Hastings, MN Relay for Life! A beautiful day! Live from Levee Park Rotary Pavilion in Hastings. Inspiring to see a community come together in support of a great cause. Great entertainment, food, and friends! Cheers!
These Things I Can't See
These Things I Can't See features ten original songs, including the lead single “Come Around”, as well as “These Things I Can’t See” and “Nothin' To Do Anyway”, in addition to many others. Recorded in an acoustic folk style, the album was tracked at Koda Sound in Rochester, Minnesota and mixed/mastered at the legendary Pachyderm Studios in Cannon Falls, Minnesota.
There are no upcoming events right now.
When you listen to the words of Joe Gillaspie, you might find your imagination flipping through a cardboard box of old photos. Joe’s songs and soulful lyrics recall images of everyday life, while his guitar playing provides an ideal balance of melody and sentiment.
Although Joe’s family was originally from Minnesota, He was born and raised in San Diego, California. A remarkably quiet, introspective, red-faced boy, you would most likely find skateboarding the streets of North Park. Eventually leaving California, and spending years in the Minnesota tundra, Joe has once again returned to plunge himself into Southern California, calling Temecula his home.
Joe finds inspiration in the little things. “There’s just nothing better than a simple song, and a great melody…Song inspiration comes from all angles. I just try to channel the sounds and images of a remarkable story to genuine concrete songs. The process is extraordinary in many ways, and especially fulfilling when a song comes together.”
Joe’s music features a rich blend of soothing vocals, distinctive acoustic guitar playing and thoughtful lyrics. He has been compared to artists as diverse as Townes Van Zandt, Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce and Ray LaMontagne, and can currently be found trying to keep life simple!
- Songwriter, Singer, Performer, Producer, Guitarist
- 2014 Winner Best Folk Artist, Temecula Valley Music Awards
- 2012 Nomination Best Folk Artist, ECMA
- Heard on some U.S., and Netherlands Indie Radio
- Northern Minnesota’s Big Top Chautauqua Songwriter Finalist
- From Festivals to Coffee Shops Performed on stages from the Midwest to the West Coast
- Appeared on numerous Music Sampler Projects
- Past Freelance Marketing for the legendary Pachyderm Music Studio in Cannon Falls, MN
- Past extensive term as Worship Leader and guitarist